10 ways I can help my student and the team be successful at SRHS
- Be an Encourager! The things you do as a parent to encourage can go a long way! Please encourage not only your son or daughter, but look for ways to encourage his/her teammates and coaches! If you are negative in the stands it becomes contagious and can work to destroy
- Yearly Sports Physical forms and Online Athletic Participation forms must be completed before submission date deadlines. Every student-athlete is required to have a yearly physical dated after June 10th in order to participate in sports the next year. Online Athletic Clearance forms must be completed to clear student-athletes for sports tryouts. athleticclearance.com
- Allow the coaches to coach! It is a great help to our coaching staff when the parents allow them to do the Many parents have been involved in the coaching of their students up to high school, but now is a good time to let others do the coaching. Please do not coach from the stands because it may be in conflict with what the coach is trying to accomplish. If you have an issue with one of our coaches, please remember that the first step to a solution is a conversation between the player and coach. Please remember, it is never acceptable to approach or confront a coach before or after a contest.
- Follow your team on the schools Athletic website. Visit srfalcons.org to find team information, pictures, and news. All practice information will come directly from the coach.
- Come to the games! It is so exciting when our players and coaches see a good crowd at the contests! Your support matters to not only your son/daughter, but also to the rest of the team and
- Get involved in athletic fundraising activities/voluntary donations. Voluntary donations and support of fundraisers are vital to the continued success of our athletic teams. Click on “The Foundation” link on our Athletics website to find out more information. srfalcons.org
- Be good sports in the stands! Our coaches work hard to teach our players how to play with composure and a positive attitude. We expect our parents to do the same. Be LOUD and PROUD, but not disrespectful towards the officials or the other team.
- Do everything you can to support your student academically. We put great importance on their academics (which comes BEFORE athletics). Please be involved in your athletes’ academic career at home. Every student is different! If there is something that the coach needs to know in order to help your student academically, please don‘t hesitate to let him/her know!
- Help out. Volunteer some of your time to help our athletic teams. Snack bar, fundraising activities, team events, team websites, set-up and clean-up at games, etc.
- Show your team and school spirit! Support SRHS and our athletic teams by purchasing school and team apparel.
Click on link below for printer friendly copy: