Scripps Ranch XC 2016 Meet Schedule
For Meet Results please visit Athletic.net
|Fri 9/9/16||3:30pm||Mustang Invite||Rohr Park, Chula Vista|
|Sat 9/17/16||8:30am||Mt. Carmel Invite||Morley Field|
|Sat 9/24/16||9:00am||Dana Hills Invite||Dana Hills HS|
|Thurs 10/6/16||3:30pm||Serra/UCHS||Morley Field|
|Thurs 10/13/16||3:30pm||Cathedral||Morley Field|
|Fri 10/21/16||TBA||Jaguar Invite||Kit Carson Park, Escondido|
|Sat 10/22/16||TBA||Mt. SAC||Mt. San Antonio College|
|Thurs 10/27/16||3:30pm||Saints/OLP||Morley Field|
|Thurs 11/3/16||3:30pm||La Jolla||Morley Field|
|Thurs 11/10/16||TBA||Western League Championship||Morley Field|
|Sat 11/19/16||TBA||CIF – Section Finals||Morley Field|
|Sat 11/26/16||TBA||CIF – State Meet||Fresno|
SRHS Cross Country Records
Top 5 MEN’S Times at Morley Field League Course
Athlete Time Date
1 Alex Barr 15:57 2016
2 Bryce Evans 16:01 2016
3 Bobby Brana 16:06 2016
4 Kevin McKay 16:06 2014
5 Daniel Boemer 16:10 2014
Top 5 WOMEN’S Times at Morley Field League Course
Athlete Time Date
1 Giovanna Da Silva 18:34 2015
2 Toni Bronars 19:02 2014
3 Analicia Uribe 19:08 2016
4 Keely Roche 19:12 2014
5 Molly Delzio 19:13 2016
SRHS Cross Country Team
Runner Contract 2016
The mission of the SRHS Cross Country Team is to promote the sport of competitive running in an atmosphere of high ethical standards that encourage sportsmanship and personal growth.
Attitude, Integrity, and Effort
- Be respectful of others around you and of the community. When you are running off campus or at a meet remember that you are representing the SRXC team, and you should conduct yourself in a manner that enhances our program and our school. Running at Scripps Ranch High School is a privilege. Any conduct that is detrimental to the team or any individual participant may be cause for temporary or permanent removal.
- By being a part of this team, you are making cross country your first athletic priority during the fall sports season. This means that cross country practices and meets come before any other athletic obligation.
- Come prepared and on time each day. This means having the appropriate attire and equipment.
- Do nothing to harm your body or your image as a high school student athlete. Scripps Ranch Cross Country has a zero tolerance policy toward illegal drug and alcohol use. Any violation of the SDUSD drug and alcohol policy during the season will result in permanent removal from the team.
- Realize that studies and athletics are important commitments in your life. Budget your time accordingly as it is primary in your drive to success. You are most important to the team when you are giving 100%, and you are only able to give 100% in competition by training 100%.
- Accept your teammates without reservation and treat each other and your coaches with respect. Be POSITIVE when cheering for your teammates.
- Runners must maintain a minimum GPA/citizenship grade of 2.00.
- Athletes that fall below this will be removed from competition and will be allowed to compete again only when their grades have improved on the next school progress report. Additionally, if grades continue to decline, coaches may also remove athlete from practice and place him/her in study hall.
- Disciplinary action in any academic class may have consequences on the team.
- Our time is limited, so any absence is a missed opportunity to improve. Runners are expected to be at all scheduled team practices and events. Medical and other appointments need to be scheduled after practice whenever possible.
- There are a limited number of varsity positions for each race. Your commitment and effort during practices and meets, as well as your speed, will factor in the coaches’ decisions.
- If a runner is absent on a practice or meet day he/she MUST contact the coaches before noon on that day.
- Injured athletes are still required to attend practice. Even if he/she cannot run, the athlete is expected to attend team meetings, practices and meets and assist the coaches and team in any way possible.
- If a runner misses an excessive number of practices/meets or is frequently tardy, the coaches may consider removing the runner from the team. Serious illness/injury will be dealt with on an individual basis.
STANDARDS FOR A VARSITY LETTER
INVITATIONAL DISTANCE TIME
BOYS 2.3 mi 13:00
GIRLS 1.7 mi 11:25
BOYS 2.95 mi 18:20
GIRLS 2.7 mi 19:00
BOYS 3.00 mi 17:10
GIRLS 3.00 mi 21:00
BOYS 3.04 mi 18:30
GIRLS 2.74 mi 20:00
BOYS 3.08 mi 18:00
GIRLS 2.5 mi 17.20